Samsung recently released a new demo (in Korean) of a transparent and flexible tablet that offers video, instant translation, and advanced mobile technology that is absolutely mesmerizing. This “tablet of the future” has a bendable 3D, clear screen with what seems to have the capability to display holographic images.
Although this concept has not yet hit the market, Samsung does intend to introduce real flexible phones to the public in early 2012.
The Samsung AMOLED reminds me much of Nokia‘s prototype, the “Kinetic Device.” Nokia is also working on introducing mobile phones with bendable displays and flexible interfaces. Click here for more info. on the Nokia Kinetic Device.
The AMOLED display is amazingly thin, yet tough and can even withstand the impact of a hammer, which has been shown in videos. I’m excited to see what other innovative concepts are to come.
- Samsung flexible tablet concept shows transparent future (slashgear.com)
- Samsung unfurls flexible, see-through tablet concept (news.cnet.com)
- Technology… or magic? Samsung shows off video of transparent, flexible screen – with 3D so real it looks like you can touch it (currentindiaaffairs.wordpress.com)
- Samsung shows us what their flexible tablet technology could look like [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Amazing Screen Technology : Samsung Flexible AMOLED (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)