About Chris Abraham
Chris Abraham is a leading expert in digital, including online reputation management (ORM), Internet privacy, social media marketing and digital PR with a focus on blogger outreach, blogger engagement and Internet crisis response.
A pioneer in online social networks and publishing, with a natural facility for anticipating the next big thing, Chris is an Internet analyst, Web strategy consultant and advisor to major brands. He specializes in Web 2.0 technologies, including content syndication, online collaboration, blogging, and consumer generated media. Chris Abraham was named a Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer by Forbes, #1 PR2.0 Influencer by Traackr and Top 10 social media influencers by Marketwire. For what it’s worth, Chris has a Klout of 77 the last time he looked.
Chris understands that the Internet is not just a different advertising medium, it is a different culture with unique customs and protocols. Knowing this culture allows us to translate your unique company message to relevant online communities. This approach drives business your way — our primary and sincere goal.
Offerings: We specialize in comprehensive Online Conversation Marketing campaigns. We integrate Online Publicity, Online Grassroots & New Media Marketing, Business Intelligence, Search Engine Services and Online Reputation Clean-up and Defense to ensure that our client’s message, the right message, is being portrayed in every corner of the digital space.
Speaking & press availability: Chris has taught blogging courses for the Writer’s Center of Bethesda, has been a guest lecturer on public affairs blogging at Columbia University’s SIPA school and the American University in Washington, DC, the Emergent Technologies Advisor to the Urban Institute’s Communications Advisory Board, and a Renaissance Weekend participant since 2001. Additionally, he is the go-to expert on social media, citizen journalism, technology, and the Internet for BBC World Service, CNN Radio, and CNet’s BNet.
Clients, past and present, include Kimberly Clark, The Daily, Habitat for Humanity, Greenpeace, The Fresh Air Fund, International Medical Corps, Sharp, Pew, Alzheimer’s Association, and others. Chris has also worked on the Interactive Team at Edelman Public Affairs in Washington, DC, consulting with clients such as Wal-Mart, Shell, and GE on blogger and social media strategy. Before Edelman, Chris was technology strategist for New Media Strategies, a pioneer in online brand promotion and protection with clients including Sci-Fi Channel, Buena Vista, TomTom, Paramount Pictures, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Disney, Reebok, EA, RCA and NBC.
Brand reputation, online business intelligence, corporate and PR blogging, online brand intelligence, online brand promotion and protection, online buzz and relationship marketing, online education, online messaging, online social networks, online technology strategy, rss syndication strategy, search engine optimization strategy, virtual community building
- Turn your website into your social media brand HQ
- Let your customers in on your secret sauce
- Build social media equity, then spend it!
- Should you farm out some of your social media chores?
- Are you using updated keywords for your business?
- How to boost your Klout score with Flipboard
- Why you should treat your client like your BFF
- Why you need to buy all your domain names now
- Win the online reputation land war
- Remove those regrettable online reputation tattoos
- Own your online reputation with help from your friends
- For online reputation, the best defense is a good offense
- How to wine, dine and marry into the Google Search Index
- How to take control of your online reputation
- Don’t mess with Texas (or reddit)
- reddit is the elephant in the room of social media marketing
- How Flipboard is changing everything
- Don’t bring your social media completely in-house
- Integrity is inherent in earned media but not paid
- Your social media plan needs to shut up and start listening
- Blogger outreach is earned media not paid, right?
- Have you embraced Pinterest for your brand?
- Are you sold on frictionless sharing?
- How to prune your Twitter following
- Keep blogging even after you fracking hate it
- Don’t roll your eyes at social media influencers
- Be a persistent social media parent
- Why you, too, should be social media slutty
- Don’t fall in love with the shiny toy of the day
- Why can’t I share to Google+ from my apps?
- Your followers care about you, but do you care?
- Why Pinterest is changing how we communicate online
- Extended how to use Google+ for business video tutorial
- You don’t need to outrun the bear in social media
- How to get over social media writer’s block
- The quantum method of reaching out to bloggers
- How one author won over the gun buff message boards
- Round two for forums and message boards?
- Taste everything well before serving up your social media offerings
- Can PR leave behind magical thinking for science?