I have owned a a Fitbit Classic (killed in a washing machine), Fitbit Ultra (killed in a washing machine), and a Fitbit One (lost somewhere in my apartment). I’ve had no luck at all. So, it would take a miracle for me to go back, no matter how awesome these little FitBit devices are, tracking both your daytime hi-jinx and your fitful sleep.
The miracle is here in the form of the Fitbit Flex, the new wrist-mounted FitBit fitness tracking device that has added waterproofness (no more washing machines — and if it ever happens, who cares!) and is no longer clipped to my belt, waistband, pocket, or SPIbelt — and though I don’t yet have a Bluetooth 4-enabled iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 yet so will need to go old-school with regards syncing my workouts and wait until I get within range of my laptop — but who cares (maybe my Google Nexus 7 is an NFC-enabled Android devices — is it? Wait, it is!)
I have read that the altimeter has been removed so I will not be able to track how many stairs I will have climbed, if I am honest with myself I will acknowledge that I don’t obsessively climb stairs.
- My Thoughts on the Fitbit Flex (Part II: the Dashboard/app) (shiawaselife.com)
- How to set up your Fitbit Flex (iphonelatestupdates.wordpress.com)
- Fitbit Flex Now Available For Pre-Order in the UK for £79.99 (technutty.co.uk)
- Fitbit Flex vs. Jawbone UP: A Comparative Review (makeuseof.com)
- Review: Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband (ilounge.com)
- Fitbit Flex Now Shipping (In US) (fat.ie)
- Fitbit Flex vs. Jawbone Up: Fitness… – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Well-Armed (wired.com)
- The Fitbit Flex Is The Best Fitbit Yet (techcrunch.com)
- CNET Member Giveaway: Fitbit Flex (reviews.cnet.com)