Because of hills. Because I don’t want to arrive sweaty. Because I know I will choose not to ride my bike if there are minor DC hills between me and where I want to ride.
So, as a result, I have reduced my street cred even further by “downgrading” my fixie to, basically, what’s the equivalent of an English Three Speed or a Dutch bike.
Especially with that awesome canvas rucksack my buddy Andrew gave me and that cool B17 Brooks Saddle. Come on, it’s cool, right?
I am not just getting old and tired and losing what’s left of my knees. Right?
- The Sunday Spin 16DEC12 “Fixies, Friendships and Foul Play” (blogs.abc.net.au)
- Z-FIXIE ~ A Fixed-gear Bicycle Concept for Future Hipsters (mmminimal.com)
- Fixie Chronicles: Ch.1, Coasting As We Know It (thisintersection.wordpress.com)
- How Will Hipsters Afford This Gorgeous and Insanely Expensive Carbon Fibre Fixie? (gizmodo.co.uk)
- #BikeProblems (ridingaroundtown.wordpress.com)
- Coren Urban Bicycle by Christian Zanzotti (mocoloco.com)
- How Will Hipsters Afford This Gorgeous and Insanely Expensive Carbon Fiber Fixie? (gizmodo.com)
- Beach cruising to fixed gearing!! (ridingaroundtown.wordpress.com)
- Trailer: iBIKE Le Film (urbantimes.co)
- Biking Gear (ridingaroundtown.wordpress.com)