Here’s my collection of photographs of my beloved 2002 Honda XR650L, Gerris.
As many of you know, I am quite smitten with my new toy: a decade old lemon I bought off of Craigslist (don’t worry, she’s good now), my 2002 Honda XR650L road-legal dirt bike, otherwise known as an enduro, dual purpose, and adventure bike.
I have visions of overland and around-the-world adventures, so you’ll see Gerris, its name and vanity tag, named after the common pond-skater, slowly get pimped out with tougher and tougher gear and more and more adventure bling, so far, just a windshield from Cee Bailey, a tough skid plate from Moose, a new toe shifter (Gerris was stolen and joy-ridden this Summer and then dropped so that was replacing a broken bit), and Hippo Hands (I want to ride this Pig around the calendar).
My next upgrade will be a 5.8 gallon Acerbis adventure tank to replace the 2.8 gallon stock tank with an effective 80 mile range (my bike isn’t built to sip gas, alas). I get about 50MPG so I am hoping for 200-290 miles after that install.
- Suppo Soups Up Honda (pointmarket.wordpress.com)
- xR Introduces a New METHOD to Immediately Stop a Migraine (prweb.com)
- First Drive: 2003 Toyota Matrix (motortrend.com)
- Quick Test: 2009 Toyota Corolla XRS (motortrend.com)
- The Next Bandwagons: 2003 Toyota Matrix, 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX, 2002 Mazda Protege5 (motortrend.com)
- Road Test: Honda CRF250L more capable than bargain price suggests (life.nationalpost.com)
- Generation Why: Two Wheeled Inspiration (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Panasonic Sa-xr57 Service Manual & Repair Guide (manuals.typepad.com)
- The Honda Rancher (nativemichigander.com)
- Honda CB500 series bikes Unveiled at EICMA (gatgetmaster.com)