I don’t know if you’ve thought this through, Summer camps of America. While you’re welcoming (back) your 8-16-year-old campers, you’re also inviting 8-16-year-old girls who are currently all ginned up on the Hunger Games and the bowmaster stylings of master archer Katniss Everdeen.
The good news is that all of your anachronistic reindeer games are now dead-sexy: archery, gardening, riflery, first-aid, foraging, land-navigation, tracking, basket-weaving, swimming, tracking, hiking, canoeing, campfires, and knot-tying. You can bring the fossils you fired for computer-training out of retirement and really have a go at training up tomorrow’s self-reliant preppers.
This will be one hell of a busy summertime for you all — and this will pretty much be an empowering summer of little girl-power!
You camp counselors are surely going to have your hands full this summertime.
- 2012 Summer Camps at the University of Central Arkansas (ucamirt.wordpress.com)
- Camp Twin Lakes celebrates 20 years of helping children with illnesses, disabilities enjoy the outdoors (onlineathens.com)
- Summer Camps in the US Industry Market Research Report Now Available… (prweb.com)
- Is Summer Camp Good For Your Children? (2010calibaja.wordpress.com)
- Hoop dreams form during summer for Galesburg girls (galesburg.com)
- The Summer to Shine! (ymcalouisville.wordpress.com)
- Summer Camp – “Always” (stereogum.com)
- Silicon Valley Summer Camps for Kids… Summer Magic! (mountainviewfun.com)
- Summer Camp: “Always” (thewoundedjukebox.com)
- Summer Camps… We got ‘em (chkdsportsmed.com)
- How to Get Katniss Everdeen’s Look For Halloween (bellasugar.com)
- Easy Halloween Costume Idea: The Hunger Games’ Katniss Everdeen (bellasugar.com)
- Channel you Inner Katniss! (outersparkle.wordpress.com)
- The Hunger Games Unabridged (collegehumor.com)
- Learn How to Create Katniss’s Iconic Hunger Games Braid (bellasugar.com)
- Baxlala’s #CBR4 Reviews #21 and #22: Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (cannonballread4.wordpress.com)