Blogging and Email marketing are two successful ways of disseminating your words and contents. For more effective results try to combine the two for the same purpose. Kyle Bumgardner shows how in his “How To Integrate Blogging and Email Marketing” :
- Determine popularity using web analytics data to compile content that receives the most visits and page views each month.
- Offer brief summaries of the top content in your email along with clear calls-to-action to “Read More” on your blog or web site.
- Heighten curiosity by seasoning your top content with further commentary, counterpoints or industry research.
- Finally, offer access to this broadcast exclusively to your most engaged email subscribers.
- Bonus tip:Add ShareThis functionality to your blog and your email using to provide a way for your audience to easily spread your ideas
Why This Works:
Time and Attention is Scarce – By compiling popular and delivering content, your audience will appreciate your efforts to help them efficiently stay updated with helpful and interesting information deemed relevant by peers in their industry
Preferences are Unique – Research indicates that people differ vastly regarding how they prefer to consume online content. Demonstrate your commitment to serve your audience by offering an option to receive blog or website content via email.
The Mix- Consumers exposed to a company’s message through blogs and social media are 3 times more likely to engage with email content and search for a company’s brand than users who are only exposed to a single messaging channel.
Using an effective tool in marketing plays a very huge role for its success, but having effectively mixed two or three tools together offers you higher rate of success.