A lovely missive from my friend Lori Gottlieb:
Hello Readers and Friends,
My new book, MARRY HIM: THE CASE FOR SETTLING FOR MR. GOOD ENOUGH, will be out in just a few weeks! I’m so excited that it’s finally hitting bookstores, and that it’s available for pre-order NOW.
For those of you interested in the book, please consider pre-ordering the book. Pre-ordering gives a huge boost to the book, because media and bookstores look very closely at the pre-order
numbers and it helps to create a “buzz.”
I’m so grateful for the very positive response so far. I especially love Academy Award-winning JUNO writer DIABLO CODY’s early praise for the book. You can read her quote, and all the other advance praise for the book, on my website or on Amazon.
Here’s a sneak peak at what’s coming up for MARRY HIM:
- Watch me on the Today show on February 4th, 2010
- Read an interview about MARRY HIM in February’s issue of O, The Oprah magazine
- Read more about the book in the February issues of Newsweek, Marie Claire, Women’s Health and Redbook, and on Glamour.com.
- Hear me talk about the book on radio stations across the country, the dates and times of which I’ll be posting on my website shortly: www.lorigottlieb.com.
- Watch a video of me talking about the book on The Atlantic’s website, www.theatlantic.com.
- Choose MARRY HIM as your book group selection and arrange for me to call in to the discussion!
- See what the book’s about in this pre-launch interview.
- Check out the Los Angeles and New York events here.
Many readers have asked how this book is different from the much-discussed Atlantic piece of the same title. Good question – here are some answers.
- The book is hopeful and uplifting – it’s about how to find romantic happiness by looking for the right “Mr. Right.”
- In the Atlantic piece, I was saying, in a nutshell, that if we looked for what’s going to be important in marriage while we were dating, a lot of us would likely be happily married. The book, on other hand, explores what the heck it means to “look for what’s going to matter.”
- In the book, I speak to experts all over the country, ranging from sociologists to behavioral economists, divorce attorneys to marital researchers, to get the latest insights and data that shed light on how we can be happier in our relationships.
- In the book, you get to read all the mortifying details of my past quest for Mr. Right and my recent quest for Mr. Good Enough. (I’ve changed! Really, I have!)
- The book makes a great pre-Valentine’s gift for anyone who wants true love but hasn’t found it yet. The early response to the book has been, “I should get this for my sister/friend/daughter/co-worker!”
- The book tells you everything I wish somebody had sat me down with ten years ago, when I desperately needed this kind of insight and advice.